What is the difference between raw materials soft PVC and silicone?
Silicone and soft PVC raw material main difference as below:
- Material: PVC is mainly made of PVC powder(polyvinyl chloride), oil and color paste, PVC raw materials are made by heating and cooling through dispensing process. Silicone is mainly made of silicone raw materials plus color masterbatch. Once the chemical elements are pressed and formulated by rubber mixer, its raw materials are made into the mold the heating and cooling by the hydraulic press. Silicone havs liquid silicone and solid silicone
- Appearance: PVC product is rougher than silicone product, surface of silicone product is smooth and colored
- Hand feeling: silicone products are soft, tough and elastic, while PVC is relatively less hard, both soft soft and hard can be adjusted, but PVC has no toughess
- Eco-friendly: PVC materials include ordinary materials and environment friendly materials which called ATBC-PVC, while silicone can pass ROHS certification and environmental friendly
- Finished products: silicone finish product is ralatively transparent, its burning sell is relatively small and its product is the the form of powder, whichle PVC finished products of PVC will turn black after being burned with fire and its small will be unpleasant when burning
- Silicone products are more heat-resistant and cold-resistant than PVC products